Monday, October 3, 2011

All That Is Air Condenses To Solid

Today one of the many holes in my heart has been filled, for I have finally gotten around to acquiring the print issues of Superosity that were released in those heady days when Keenspot was into doing that kind of thing. They are not in the pristine condition that I would have liked, but are nonetheless guaranteed to be 100% blackout proof, allowing for electricity free enjoyment of Superosity at any time of the day that provides enough light to read by. A necessary precaution in this post-peak-oil era.

They also contain creator commentary, a source of invaluable background information that is sure to prove invaluable as information. Did you know that there was once a shirt featuring the last panel of this strip? Maybe you did. I have a feeling that I may have known it at some point myself, but I forgot about it. Or maybe it just feels like something I once knew. Anyway, now we're all certain about being fully aware of the fact-- unless of course you can't read, in which case I'm sorry for marginalising you but am unsure what you're doing staring at these enigmatic scribbles. You should find something better to do with your time, like learning to read or something.

As I flicked through these issues, experiencing Superosity in glorious black for the first time, I also noticed an unfortunate error that I made in my previous post. The first appearance of those aliens isn't in their eponymous storyline, as I had implied. It was two years earlier, in Chris' first journey to the future, during which Chris and Boardy worked to prevent future Bobby from starting a war. This is significant because it clearly depicts representatives of the aliens living on Earth in future history. I apologise; this was a serious oversight. My memory isn't what it used to be. I can't remember what it used to be.

That's all for now, folks. Stay tuned for next issue, in which something brilliant is written </foreshadowing>, but maybe not quite as brilliant as suggested. </ominous foreshadowing>

No comments: